Happy O. Henry Pun-off Day! It’s a day celebrating puns! There us a yearly pun-off competition to see who is the punniest of all comedians, and this is held in Texas, U.S.A. Two competitors are given a topic. At the sound of a bell, player one must say a pun related to that topic within five seconds and then player 2 has 5 seconds to say a pun related to the same topic and so on and so forth:
Player 1: Mr Whiskers tore up our whole house, it was a cat-astrophy!
Player 2: Our new puppy is absolutely a-dawg-able.
Player 1: Nothing compared to our kitten, she’s purr-fect
Player 2: Errrr….uhhhh
Judge: Aaaaand you’re out!
Player 1: What’s wrong, cat got your tongue?
Player 2: I hate you.
It sounds amazing, and would be something I’d really like to attend some day. Despite the earlier, tragically awful ones above, I really love puns. Here are a few of my favourites:
– Hitler jokes: so wrong, yet to reich.
– I used to have a fear of hurdles, but then I got over it
– They awarded a prize to the scarecrow for being outstanding in his field
– Did you hear about the chinese man that got trapped alone in an elevator for 8 hours? Yeah, it was Wong on some many levels.
– 9/11 jokes…they’re just plane wrong.
– Math puns are the first sine of madness
– A C-flat, an E-flat and a G-flat walk into a bar, the bartender says “sorry, we don’t serve minors”
– Without music, life would B-flat.
I take full credit for this god-awful pun: I think I just saw a half-man, half-horse run by…but I can’t be 100 per centaur. (percent sure)
~ Darcie Rae